The Management of Travancore Medical College reserves the right to change any of the conditions enumerated herein for the purpose of complying with any of the regulations of the University Grants Commission or any other competent authorities.
Sanctioned Strength – 100 seats per annum
Course duration : Four and half years plus one year compulsory rotating Internship As approved by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Kerala University and is in line with the directives of the Medical Council of India.
- Minimum 17 years of age and maximum 23 years on or before 31st December 2012.
- Pass in 12th standard in the first attempt and with a minimum of marks 60% in English and 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, from any State Higher Secondary Board or equivalent. NRI’s and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who qualify from foreign universities will have to produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Those who appear for the qualifying examination in March / April 2012 can also apply.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
- Selected candidates (Govt. Quota) shall take admission at the appointed time and date in the college, after paying the tuition fees and other fees, failing which the offer of admission will stand, cancelled.
- The candidate applying in the management quota should appear for the entrance examination and interview conducted by the Travancore Medical College.
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed on notice board of Travancore College of Medical College.
- The decision of the management will be final.
- The candidates should produce the certificates in original during interview.
- If any candidate discontinues the course, after the closure of admission he/she will be liable for forfeiture of all the fees paid and also will be liable to pay liquidated damages equivalent to the tuition fees for the remaining duration of the course.
- At the time of joining each student must undergo a medical examination in Medicity& if found unfit, admission will be cancelled.
Prohibition of Ragging
Ragging of any type towards any student either in the campus or outside campus will be considered as criminal offence and will be immediately reported to police. On admission student and Parent shall furnish an affidavit to the effect that the students shall not indulge in ragging.
Code of conduct Regular attendance:
Students are expected to attend college regularly and to attend all classes.
Students are expected to be on time for college, classes and clinical postings.
Respect for self &others: Students are expected to be honest, behave with dignity and treat others with respect and courtesy.
Respect for authority:
Students are expected to comply with all college rules and obey the authorities of the institution.
Respect for property: Students are expected to treat all property belonging to the College, Hospital and others with care.
Mobile phones are not to be carried to the class rooms, practical halls, library and hospital.
Smoking and Use of alcohol: Smoking and drinking in the campus are strictly prohibited.
Identity cardAll students will be issued identify cards &students should display their cards visibly. If a student loses the ID, duplicate card will be issued on payment of Rs 200/-
- It is mandatory for all students to stay in the hostel.
- Every student admitted to the hostel is required to make a hostel deposit. The deposit will be refunded .When student vacates the hostel on production of a no due clearance certificate.
- All visitors must be entertained in the visitors lounge during visiting hours.
- Guardians should give details of permitted visitors.
- Any damage /breakage to hostel property will be chased to the occupants of the room with a fine. Disciplinary action will also be initiated.
- Cooking in the hostel rooms is not permitted.
- No student should stay away from his/her room during nights except with the permission of the warden. Permission should be recorded with details in the movement register of the hostel.
- Authorities reserve the right to break open rooms in the case of any violation of hostel rules, suspected unlawful activities or on the basis of security risk perceived.