Admission Procedure to BSc Nursing Program
B.Sc Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) is four year Degree course under the Kerala University of Health and Allied Science (KUHAS) with one year compulsory internship.
Sanctioned Strength – 50 Seats
- Pass in Higher Secondary /10+2/Predegree of the board of higher secondary examination of Kerala or equivalent examination approved by KUHAS with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together and English.
- Age limit : Applicant should have complete 17 years of age on 31st Dec of the admission year. No upper age limit will be consider.
- Good character and conduct is required
- No physical or mental disabilities will be consider.
Travancore College of Nursing comes under the Kerala Private Nursing College Management Association. The management has an agreement with the Govt for seat sharing.
The admission process is being carried out in two methods ie. Govt and management quota both are having 50% of seats for maximum intake of 50 students.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
- Selected candidates (Govt. Quota) shall take admission at the appointed time and date in the college, after paying the tuition fees and other fees, failing which the offer of admission will stand, cancelled.
- The candidate applying in the management quota should appear for the entrance examination and interview conducted by the Travancore Nursing College.
- The list of selected candidates will be displayed on notice board of Travancore College of Nursing.
- The decision of the management will be final.
- The candidates should produce the certificates in original during interview.
- If any candidate discontinues the course, after the closure of admission he/she will be liable for forfeiture of all the fees paid and also will be liable to pay liquidated damages equivalent to the tuition fees for the remaining duration of the course.
- At the time of joining each student must undergo a medical examination in Medicity& if found unfit, admission will be cancelled.
PROHIBITION OF RAGGING
Ragging of any type towards any student either in the campus or outside campus will be considered as criminal offence and will be immediately reported to police. On admission student and Parent shall furnish an affidavit to the effect that the students shall not indulge in ragging.
Code of conduct Regular attendance:
Students are expected to attend college regularly and to attend all classes.
Students are expected to be on time for college, classes and clinical postings.
Respect for self &others:
Students are expected to be honest, behave with dignity and treat others with respect and courtesy.
Respect for authority:
Students are expected to comply with all college rules and obey the authorities of the institution.
Respect for property:
Students are expected to treat all property belonging to the College, Hospital and others with care.
Mobile phones are not to be carried to the class rooms, practical halls, library and hospital.
Smoking and Use of alcohol:
Smoking and drinking in the campus are strictly prohibited.
Identity cardAll students will be issued identify cards &students should display their cards visibly. If a student loses the ID, duplicate card will be issued on payment of Rs 200/-
- It is mandatory for all students to stay in the hostel.
- Every student admitted to the hostel is required to make a hostel deposit. The deposit will be refunded .When student vacates the hostel on production of a no due clearance certificate.
- All visitors must be entertained in the visitors lounge during visiting hours.
- Guardians should give details of permitted visitors.
- Any damage /breakage to hostel property will be chased to the occupants of the room with a fine. Disciplinary action will also be initiated.
- Cooking in the hostel rooms is not permitted.
- No student should stay away from his/her room during nights except with the permission of the warden. Permission should be recorded with details in the movement register of the hostel.
- Authorities reserve the right to break open rooms in the case of any violation of hostel rules, suspected unlawful activities or on the basis of security risk perceived.